Redefining Love Code of Ethics
Redefining Love Coaching maintains the highest standards of ethics in keeping with the profession of social work and human services, and aligned with the Three Pillars of Boundaries, Accountability, and Grace.
The Redefining Love Coaching Program is a safe space. All Client information shared with Coach as it relates to the services provided under this Service Agreement will remain confidential, except where required by law. This includes:
- You say you want to harm yourself.
- You say you want to harm someone else.
- I am subpoenaed by court order.
Information shared with other parties outside of these exceptions will be shared only with permission, and with the written consent of the Client.
Redefining Love Boundaries & Trauma-Informed Coaching relies on the mindset framework created by the Founder Sara Beth Wald, and is built on the Three Pillars of Boundaries, Accountability, and Grace. All coaching practices will be built upon this foundation.
Standards of Practice
- Coach shall explain and ensure that, prior to or at the initial meeting, clients and sponsors understand the nature and potential value of coaching, the nature of limits of confidentiality, financial arrangements, and any other terms of the coaching agreement.
- Coach shall create and provide a Service Agreement that will serve as a legal contract outlining the roles, responsibilities, and rights of all Parties prior to commencement of services.
- Any and all conflicts of interest with clients and sponsors must be established and agreed upon in-writing at the time that any party becomes aware of these.
- Coach shall store records created during professional coaching interactions, including electronic files and communications, in a confidential, secure environment.
- Coach must remain alert to indications that there might be a shift in the value received from the coaching relationship. If so, make a change in the relationship to encourage the client or sponsor to seek another coach, therapist, or other professional to better meet their needs.
- Coach must respect all parties’ rights to terminate the Service Agreement at any point for any reason during the contract period, subject to provisions of the Service Agreement.
- Coach is aware of and actively manages any power or status difference between clients and coach that may be caused by cultural, relational, psychological, or contextual issues.
- Coach assures consistent quality of coaching regardless of the amount or form of agreed compensation in any coaching relationship.
- Coach commits to excellence through continued personal, professional, and ethical development.
- Coach is aware of clients’ impact on society, and adheres to the philosophy of “doing good” versus “avoiding bad.”
- Coach recognizes personal limitations or circumstances that may impair, conflict with, or interfere with coaching performance. If necessary, coach will promptly suspend the Service Agreement and provide refund pro-rated to time of impairment or conflict in coaching performance.
- Coach shall identify accurately their coaching qualifications, level of coaching competency, expertise, experience, training, certifications, degrees, and credentials. Coach shall not misrepresent as qualified in any area that they are not qualified.
- Coach shall make verbal and written statements that are true and accurate about what services are offered through the program and the potential value of coaching. Promises shall not be made for anything beyond the specific Redefining Love Coaching Program.
- Coach shall avoid any and all discrimination by maintaining fairness and equality in all activities and operations, while respecting local rules and cultural practices. This includes but is not limited to discrimination on the basis of age, race, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, or military status.
- Coach shall not participate in any sexual or romantic engagement with clients or sponsors. Coach will be ever mindful of the level of intimacy appropriate for every professional interaction, and take appropriate action to address any issue raised by a client or sponsor during or following the contract period.
- Coach shall recognize and honor the contributions and intellectual property of others, only claiming ownership of coach’s own copyrighted materials.
- Coach is honest and works within recognized scientific standards, applicable subject guidelines, and boundaries of coach’s own competence when conducting and reporting research.